Network Operation Center Engineer
We aim to find and develop ambitious candidates who aspire to become an expert in this field. We offer a well-rounded on-the-job training program to cultivate talents to become professional Network Operation Center Engineers who can provide professional suggestions, and be accountable consultants to our clients for their Asia-Pacific facing business.
Currently, our clients are in several global industries. Our mission is to monitor and tune their website performance. And one of the challenges is providing the most stable performance for the real-time streaming video for all kinds of devices to the end users.
Our ideal candidate has a good base of technical skills, cross-functional and customer-facing communication skills, and is able to speak and write at a conversational level in both Mandarin Chinese and English. They are excited to get in on the ground level of a new and exciting software business.
- Troubleshooting and Resolution
- Alarm Handling and Escalation
- Client Interaction
- Documentation and Reporting
Technical Skills required:
Minimum Skills Required:
- Experience with commercial CDNs and monitoring technologies.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures like AWS, GCP, and other cloud platforms.
- Capable to manage, monitor, and support our client's network infrastructure, servers, and services.
- Monitor our clients’ services and respond to graph/log anomalies, and system alerts.
- Follow up proactively with internal or external parties for issue resolution progress.
- Knowledge about CDN configuration and operations.
- Knowledge of HTTP, TLS, and SSL.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and DNS protocols.
- Summarize and report on monitored systems for service improvement.
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration.
- Able to automate processes and workflows via Shell, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with build and release automation.
- Experience with Network and Synthetic monitoring systems, gathering metrics. collection, visualization, including trend statistical analysis.
- Experience building and administering LAMP or distributed web applications, and related open-source software.
Soft Skills required:
Soft Skills required:
- Conversational in both English (equivalent to TOEIC 650) and Chinese.
- Identify issues according to SOPs and experience, and accelerate identified issues for resolution when necessary.
- Good troubleshooting skills to break down complex issues and find the root cause of system issues.
- Problem-solving skills. Able to understand requirements and constraints from both sides of integration.
- Ambition. There will be many opportunities to improve this process and expand the role and team in the coming months.
- We want somebody who is excited to build a business with us.
- Self-motivation. Able to work unsupervised.
- Able to recognize problem constraints and negotiate tradeoffsPossesses an analytical mindset